Stoicism / John Sellars.
- Abingdon, Oxon : Routledge, 2014.
- Ancient philosophies.
1 online resource (220 p.)
- Electronic books.
- This is the first introduction to Stoic philosophy for 30 years. Aimed at readers new to Stoicism and to ancient philosophy, it outlines the central philosophical ideas of Stoicism and introduces the reader to the different ancient authors and sources that they will encounter when exploring Stoicism. The range of sources that are drawn upon in the reconstruction of Stoic philosophy can be bewildering for the beginner. Sellars guides the reader through the surviving works of the late Stoic authors, Seneca and Epictetus, and the fragments relating to the early Stoics found in authors such as Plu
- Cover; Half Title; Title; Copyright; Dedication; Contents; Preface; Sources and abbreviations; Chronology; 1 Introduction; 2 The Stoic system; 3 Stoic logic; 4 Stoic physics; 5 Stoic ethics; 6 The Stoic legacy; Glossary of names; Glossary of terms; Guide to further reading; References; Index of passages; Index
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
First published 2006 by Acumen.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.4324/9781315712093 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|