Diachrony of verb morphology : Japanese and the Transeurasian languages / Martine Robbeets.
- Berlin, Germany ; Boston, Massachusetts : De Gruyter Muoton, 2015. , ©2015
- Trends in linguistics. Studies and monographs ; Volume 291.
Trends in Linguistics. Studies and Monographs, 1861-4302 ; Volume 291
1 online resource (568 p.)
- Grammar, Comparative and general -- Morphology.
Altaic languages -- Morphology
Japanese language -- Morphology
Grammar, Comparative and general -- Verb.
Altaic languages -- Verb.
Japanese language -- Verb.
- Electronic books.
This book deals with shared verb morphology in Japanese and other languages that have been identified as Transeurasian (traditionally: "Altaic") in previous research. It analyzes shared etymologies and reconstructed grammaticalizations with the goal to provide evidence for the genealogical relatedness of these languages.
- Preface; Contents; 1 Introduction; 2 Methodology; 3 Verb Roots; 4. Negation; 5 Verbalization and actionality; 6 Valence and voice; 7 Nominalization and the development of finite temporal distinctions; 8 Converbs; 9 Evaluation; Abbreviations; References; Language index; Subject index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (ebrary, viewed August 15, 2015).
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|