Collaborative Research in Multilingual Classrooms / Corey Denos, Kelleen Toohey, Kathy Neilson, Bonnie Waterstone.
- Blue Ridge Summit, PA : Multilingual Matters, 
- Critical Language and Literacy Studies, No. 1
Critical Language and Literacy Studies
1 online resource (139 p.)
- Language and education
- Local subjects:
- College teaching.
Interaction analysis in education.
Language and education.
- Electronic books.
- Reporting on the research collaborations of a group of teachers, graduate students and a university professor, this book weaves together their collective insights about how classrooms might be better for students of diverse linguistic and cultural backgrounds, abilities and socio-economic circumstances, and better for teachers as well. It also shows how research collaborations can result in rich and compelling descriptions of classroom events. Written in a style accessible to teachers and student teachers, it introduces sociocultural perpectives on identity, classroom and community practices, helping and transformative possibilities, using teacher narratives to reflect the complexity of classroom decision-making and reflective action.
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: TARG Research Activities
Chapter 3: Identity
Chapter 4: Community and Community Practices
Chapter 5: Help
Chapter 6: Possibilities
Chapter 7: Being In-Between
Chapter 8: Conclusion
- Description based upon print version of record.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 07. Jul 2020)
- Neilson, Kathy, author., Author,
Toohey, Kelleen, author., Author,
- Publisher Number:
- 10.21832/9781847691385 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|