Ireland [electronic resource] : an Oxford archaeological guide to sites from earliest times to AD 1600 / Andy Halpin and Conor Newman.
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2006.
- Oxford archaeological guides.
Oxford archaeological guides
1 online resource (569 p.)
- Excavations (Archaeology) -- Ireland.
Excavations (Archaeology) -- Northern Ireland.
Ireland -- Antiquities.
Northern Ireland -- Antiquities.
- Electronic books.
- The ultimate guide to the archaeological sites of the island of Ireland, including over 250 plans and illustrations and expert and detailed coverage of all Ireland's major archaeological treasures. - ;Ireland is a country rich in archaeological sites. Ireland: An Oxford Archaeological Guide provides the ultimate handbook to this fascinating heritage. Covering the entire island of Ireland, from Antrim to Wexford, Dublin to Sligo, the book contains over 250 plans and illustrations of Ireland's major archaeological treasures and covers sites dating from the time of the first settlers in prehistor
- Contents; How to use this Guide; Introduction: Ireland from first settlers to the seventeenth century AD; North-east: Antrim, Armagh, Down; North-west: Derry, Donegal, Tyrone; North Midlands: Cavan, Fermanagh, Leitrim, Longford, Monaghan; West: Galway, Mayo, Roscommon, Sligo; East: Dublin, Kildare, Laois, Louth, Meath, Westmeath, Wicklow; Shannon: Clare, Limerick, Offaly, North Tipperary; South-east: Carlow, Kilkenny, South Tipperary, Waterford, Wexford; South-west: Cork, Kerry; Museums; Chronology; Glossary; Further Reading; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 546-547) and index.
- Newman, Conor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|