Identity and modality [electronic resource] / [edited by] Fraser MacBride.
- Oxford : Clarendon Press ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2006.
- Mind Association occasional series.
Mind Association occasional series
1 online resource (279 p.)
- Identity (Philosophical concept)
Modality (Theory of knowledge)
- Electronic books.
- The eleven new papers in this volume address fundamental and interrelated philosophical issues concerning modality and identity, issues that were pivotal to the development of analytic philosophy in the twentieth century, and remain a key focus of debate in the twenty-first. Identity and Modality brings together leading researchers in metaphysics, the philosophy of mind, the philosophy of science, and the philosophy of mathematics. - ;The papers in this volume address fundamental, and interrelated, philosophical issues concerning modality and identity, issues that have not only been pivotal to
- The limits of contingency / Gideon Rosen
Modal infallibilism and basic truth / Scott Sturgeon
The modal fictionalist predicament / John Divers and Jason Hagen
On realism about chance / Philip Percival
Structure and identity / Stewart Shapiro
The identity problem for realist structuralism II : a reply to Shapiro / Jukka Keränen
The governance of identity / Stewart Shapiro
The Julius Caesar objection : more problematic than ever / Fraser MacBride
Sortals and the binding problem / John Campbell
Vagueness and personal identity / Keith Hossack
Is there a bodily criterion of personal identity? / Eric T. Olson.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- MacBride, Fraser.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|