Shakespeare and text [electronic resource] / John Jowett.
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2007.
- Oxford Shakespeare topics.
Oxford Shakespeare topics
1 online resource (238 p.)
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 -- Criticism, Textual.
- Electronic books.
- The only currently available introductory survey of the foundations of the text of Shakespeare, this book examines Shakespeare's writing in the environment of the theatre, and the printing of the earliest surviving texts. It goes on to review the ways in which the origin and production of these texts have been understood by textual scholars, and how they have been used in the preparation of modern editions. - ;OXFORD SHAKESPEARE TOPICS. General Editors: Peter Holland and Stanley Wells. Oxford Shakespeare Topics provide students and teachers with short books on important aspects of Shakespeare
- Author and collaborator
The material book
The first folio
Mapping the text
Emendation and modernization
Versification and stage directions
Texts for readers.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -222) and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|