Gide's Bent [electronic resource] : Sexuality, Politics, Writing
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, USA, 1995.
- Ideologies of Desire
Ideologies of Desire
1 online resource (249 p.)
- Homosexuality and literature -- History -- 20th century -- France.
Politics and literature -- History -- 20th century -- France.
Literature and society -- History -- 20th century -- France.
Gay men in literature.
Utopias in literature.
Sex in literature.
- Local subjects:
- Gide, André. (search)
Utopias in literature. (search)
- Electronic books.
- This study investigates the place of sexuality in the writings of Andre Gide. Focusing on his work in the 1920's and 1930's, the years in which Gide wrote most openly about his homosexuality, the text shows how Gide's sexuality reflected his political interests.
- Contents; Note on Translation; Introduction; 1. Watching Sex in Si le grain ne meurl; 2. The Place of the Oedipal: Writing Home from North Africa; 3. Corydon and L'Ecole des femmes: Mimesis, the Mantis, the Gynaeceum; 4. Without Delay: Les Faux-Monnayeurs, Lacan, and the Onset of Sexuality; 5. Gribouille en Afrique: Gide's Voyage au Congo; 6. Sexuality, Politics and Culture: Gide's Trip to the Soviet Union; Epilogue: Queer Tears; Works Cited; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|