In search of common ground on abortion : from culture war to reproductive justice / edited by Robin West, Justin Murray, Meredith Esser.
- Burlington, VT : Ashgate, 
- Gender in Law, Culture, and Society
Gender in law, culture, and society
1 online resource (198 p.)
- Abortion -- Law and legislation -- United States.
Abortion -- Social aspects -- United States.
Abortion -- Government policy -- United States.
- Electronic books.
- This book brings together academics, legal practitioners and activists with a wide range of pro-choice, pro-life and other views to explore the possibilities for cultural, philosophical, moral and political common ground on the subjects of abortion and reproductive justice more generally. It aims to rethink polarized positions on sexuality, morality, religion and law, in relation to abortion, as a way of laying the groundwork for productive and collaborative dialogue. The book will be valuable to anyone interested in law and society, gender and religious studies and philosophy and theory of la
- Introduction / Justin Murray, Meredith Esser and Robin West
From choice to reproductive justice: de-constitutionalizing abortion rights / Robin West
The price of pleasure / Shari Motro
Abortion rhetoric and child custody laws for women who mother through rape / Shauna R. Prewitt
Toward common ground on policies advancing reproductive justice / Dorothy Roberts
Finding common ground in the disability rights critiques of selective abortions / Elizabeth Schiltz
Supporting pregnant women and their families to reduce the abortion rate / Kristen Day
Can a Catholic realist approach aid in the effort to find common ground in debates about abortion? / Susan J. Stabile.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Murray, Justin (Lawyer)
Esser, Meredith B.
West, Robin, 1954-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|