Lacan--the unconscious reinvented / Colette Soler ; translated by Esther Faye and Susan Schwartz.
- Standardized Title:
- Lacan, l'inconscient réinventé. English
- London : Karnac Books, 2014.
- Centre for Freudian Analysis and Research library.
The Centre for Freudian Analysis and Research Library
1 online resource (247 p.)
Lacan, Jacques, 1901-1981 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Electronic books.
- Has Jacques Lacan's impact on psychoanalysis really been assessed? His formulation that the Freudian unconscious is ""structured like a language"" is well-known, but this was only the beginning. There was then the radically new thesis of the ""real unconscious"". Why this step?Searching for the Ariadne's thread that runs throughout Lacan's ever-evolving teaching, this book illuminates the questions implicit to each step, and sheds new light on his revisions and renewals of psychoanalytic concepts. In tracing these, Colette Soler brings out their consequences for the clinic, and in particular,
- COVER; CONTENTS; ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS; ABOUT THE AUTHOR; INTRODUCTION; PART I THE UNCONSCIOUS, REAL; CHAPTER ONE Trajectory; CHAPTER TWO Towards the Real; CHAPTER THREE Lalangue, traumatic; CHAPTER FOUR From the transference towards the other unconscious; CHAPTER FIVE The royal road to the RUCS; CHAPTER SIX The Borromean aleph; CHAPTER SEVEN The parlêtre; PART II ANALYSIS ORIENTED TOWARDS THE REAL; CHAPTER EIGHT The end pass; CHAPTER NINE The time that isn't logical; CHAPTER TEN Terminable analysis; CHAPTER ELEVEN Identification with the symptom or ... worse
CHAPTER TWELVE The identity at the end, its aporiasPART III A RENEWED CLINIC; CHAPTER THIRTEEN The status of jouissances; CHAPTER FOURTEEN Symptom of the real unconscious; CHAPTER FIFTEEN The father and the Real; CHAPTER SIXTEEN Towards the father of the name; CHAPTER SEVENTEEN Love and the Real; PART IV POLITICAL PERSPECTIVES; CHAPTER EIGHTEEN Dissidence of the symptom?; CHAPTER NINETEEN Psychoanalysis and capitalism; CHAPTER TWENTY Malaise in psychoanalysis; CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE What does the psychoanalyst want?; REFERENCES; INDEX
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (ebrary, viewed May 21, 2014).
- Publisher Number:
- 10.4324/9780429476471 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|