International environmental justice : competing claims and perspectives / edited by Frederick Gordon and Gregory Freeland.
- Hertfordshire, England ; Glendale, Arizona : ILM Publications, 2012.
- Advanced topics in environmental science.
Advanced Topics in Environmental Science Series
1 online resource (176 p.)
- Environmental justice -- International cooperation.
Environmental protection -- International cooperation.
Environmental policy -- International cooperation.
- Electronic books.
- Environmental justice encompasses the fair treatment and meaningful involvement of all people - regardless of race, class or colour - with respect to the development, implementation and enforcement of environmental laws, regulations and policies that could negatively impact their lifestyles. The focus of this volume is to offer a critical perspective, which advances the idea that environmental management and human rights are inherently interrelated. This book offers a unique angle on this complex topic by providing an understanding of environmental justice from both a United States and an inte
- 1.1 INTRODUCTION; 1.2 INTERNATIONAL FOCUS AND TERMINOLOGY USED; 1.3 DOMESTIC PERSPECTIVE; 1.4 THE ADVENT OF THE MODERN ENVIRONMENTAL MOVEMENT; 1.5 EMERGENCE OF THE ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE MOVEMENT; 1.6 GOVERNMENT RESPONSE TO ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE; 1.7 ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE INTO THE 21st CENTURY; 1.8 ALIGNING ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE AND THE EJM; 1.9 INTERNATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE; 1.10 FRAMEWORK; 1.10.1 Theory; 1.10.2 Book sequence; ENDNOTES; REFERENCES; Block and Whitehead 1999; Boyd 2010; Bryant and Mohai 1992; Bullard 1983; Bullard 1990; Bullard 2008; Carruthers and Rodriguez 2009
Cart 2010Commoner 1992; Diamond 1999; Dowie 2009; Downy et al. 2008; Faber and Krieg 2001; Foreman 1998; Gordon 2008; Johnston 2011; Kubasek and Silverman 2002; Mohai and Bryant 1992; Naguib and Brulle 2005; Pellow 2004; Russell 1989; Schlosberg 2004; Schlosberg 2007; Scott 2010; Shabecoff 1993; Szasz 1994; Thomson 2004; United Church of Christ Commission for Racial Justice 1987; US General Accounting Office 1983; Webber 2002; 2.1 A GRASSROOTS VIEW OF ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE IN THE UNITED STATES
2.2 ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE AND THE CENTRAL COAST: AN ANALYSIS OF ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE IN TWO CENTRAL COAST COUNTIES2.3 SOUTH OXNARD: DEVELOPING AN EXPANDING GRASSROOTS AGENDA FOR ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE; Table 2.1; Table 2.2; Figure 2.1; 2.3.1 Developing a green economy; Table 2.3; Table 2.4; 2.3.2 Affordable and safe housing; 2.3.3 Transportation access and safety; 2.3.4 A healthy learning environment: food access and health issues; 2.3.5 Access to public spaces and open space and preserving farm land; 2.3.6 Political representation and civic engagement
2.4 CONCLUSION: IN CALIFORNIA'S CENTRAL COAST AND THE UNITED STATES, IMMIGRANTS ARE PLAYING A KEY ROLE IN DEFINING AND ADDRESSIReferences; California Air Resources Board 2001; California Center for Public Health Advocacy 2004; California Department of Education 2008; California Department of Finance 2010; California Highway Patrol 2004; City of Oxnard 2009; US Census Bureau 2000; US Census Bureau 2010; US Department of Energy 2009; US Environmental Protection Agency 2008; 3.1 Broken Hill Proprietary Billiton's LNG Plans; 3.2 OLNGM ORGANISERS AND ORGANISATION STRATEGY; 3.2.1 The OLNGM frame
3.2.2 OLNGM organising3.3 2003-2007: CYCLE OF THE ANTI-LNG MOVEMENT; 3.3.1 2007 - OLNGM winds up for the finale; 3.3.2 The showdown - the three crucial LNG Certification meetings in April 2007; 3.4 OLNGM STRATEGY OVERVIEW; 3.5 Summary; ENDNOTES; References; Bullard 1993; Bullard 2005; CMTA 2004; EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) 1998; Faber 1998; Heede 2006; Lichtermann 1996; Schlosberg 2007; Snow et al. 1986; Szasa 1994; Tarrow 1996; Tarrow 1998; Taylor 2000; Tindall 2002; United Church of Christ 1987; Newspaper articles; Chawkins 2004a; Chawkins 2004b; Herdt 2005; Laetz 2005
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references at the end of each chapters and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Gordon, Frederick D., 1967-
Freeland, Gregory, 1946-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|