'Goodbye, Spain?' : the question of independence for Catalonia / Kathryn Crameri.
- East Sussex, England : Sussex Academic Press, 2014.
- Cañada Blanch/Sussex Academic studies on contemporary Spain.
The Cañada Blanch/Sussex Academic studies on contemporary Spain
1 online resource (213 p.)
- Nationalism -- Spain -- Catalonia -- History -- 21st century.
Catalonia (Spain) -- History -- History -- Autonomy and independence movements.
- Electronic books.
- 'Goodbye, Spain?' discusses the question of Catalan independence and is fully up-to-date with respect to the most recent elections. Support for independence in the autonomous community of Catalonia has risen significantly since 2005. Opinion polls confirm that the idea of holding a legally binding referendum on independence is now supported by 80 percent of Catalans. Many commentators on nationalism in Western Europe had come to the conclusion that there was no serious threat to the established nation-states from secessionism within their
- Front Cover; Title Page; Copyright; Contents; The Cañada Blanch Centre for Contemporary Spanish Studies; Preface by Geoff Cowling; Author's Preface; List of Abbreviation; Cover Illustrations; Introduction; Political Parties and Civil Pro-Independence Groups; Political Parties since 1980; Political Disillusionment and the Rise of Civil Movements; The Path to a Pro-Independence Consensus; The Tripartit and the New Statue of Autonomy; Finance, Infrastructure and the Challene to the Statute; The Fiscal Pact and the Popular Consultations on Independence; The Road to Referendum
Political Discourse: The Triumph of Rationality? From Identity to the Economy?; The Disappointment of Autonomy and the Impossibility of Federalism; The Right to Decide; The Emotive Properties of Rational Argument; Beyond Politics; Past/Present Heroes and the Future Catalan State; L'onze de setembre and its Historical Heroes; Fictionalised Heroes: Ermengol Amill and Martí Zuviría; The Strange Case of Èric Bertran; Stimulating Affect: Catalan Television and the Independence Debate; Documentary or Propaganda?; Polònia: Harmless Infotainment or Pro-Independence Misinformation?
The Future: Imagining Independence Emotion versus Reason; Crònica de la independència; Conclusions; Uncertainty Reduction and Risk Evaluation: Ethnicity and its Alternatives; Emotion, Loyalty and Identification; Notes; Bibliography; Index; Back Cover
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|