Democracy in the States [electronic resource] : Experiments in Election Reform
- Washington : Brookings Institution Press, 2008.
- Brookings Series on Election Administration and Reform
Brookings Series on Election Administration and Reform
1 online resource (248 p.)
- Elections -- United States
Voting -- United States
Democracy -- United States
- Local subjects:
- Democracy --United States.
Elections --United States.
Voting --United States.
- Electronic books.
- Democracy in the States offers a 21st century agenda for election reform in America based on lessons learned in the fifty states. Combining accessibility and rigor, leading scholars of U.S. politics and elections examine the impact of reforms intended to increase the integrity, fairness, and responsiveness of the electoral system. While some of these reforms focus on election administration, which has been the subject of much controversy since the 2000 presidential election, others seek more broadly to increase political participation and improve representation. For example, Paul Gronke (Reed
- Front Cover; Title Page; Copyright Information; Table of Contents; Acknowledgments; The Promise of Election Reform; Part One: Promoting Integrity; Election Administration and Voter Confidence; Poll Workers' Job Satisfaction and Confidence; Part Two: Promoting Participation; Vote Centers and Voter Turnout; Early Voting and Voter Turnout; Election Day Registration, Competition, and Voter Turnout; Direct Democracy, Engagement, and Voter Turnout; Part Three: Promoting Responsiveness; Term Limits and State Legislatures; Multimember Districts and State Legislatures; Legislative Redistricting
Multiple Parties and Ballot RegulationsDirect Democracy and Election and Ethics Laws; A Goal for Reform; From the Last Generation for Reform to the Next; References; Contributors; Index; Back Cover
- Description based upon print version of record.
- Donovan, Todd.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|