Trauma-organized systems [electronic resource] : physical and sexual abuse in families / Arnon Bentovim ; foreword by Donald A. Bloch.
- Rev. ed.
- London : Karnac Books, 1995.
- Systemic thinking and practice series.
Systemic thinking and practice series
1 online resource (153 p.)
- Family psychotherapy.
Child sexual abuse.
- Electronic books.
- This book is about the experience of individuals who have been abused or who have abused others, but it also traces the way an abusive experience can organize a family or professional system so that changes are difficult to achieve. Arnon Bentovim has been in the forefront of the child abuse field for many years, and he discusses in this volume the way his thinking has changed to incorporate the ideas from the feminist movement and the constructionist family therapists. He looks at the way victimizing actions and the traumatic effects of abuse combine to create a trauma-organized system, which
- COVER; Acknowledgements; CONTENTS; Editors' Foreword; Foreword; INTRODUCTION: Why attempt to develop a systemic approach to family violence?; CHAPTER ONE: The family as a violent institution: a sociological perspective; CHAPTER TWO: Family violence: explanatory models to describe violent and abusive families; CHAPTER THREE: Developing a social-interactional-systemic account of family violence; CHAPTER FOUR: Family victimization processes and social-interaction explanations for family violence
CHAPTER FIVE: A systematic account of the different trauma-organized systems in various forms of family violenceCHAPTER SIXTrauma-organized systems: breaking the denial process by externalizing; CHAPTER SEVEN: A focal model to encompass the descriptions of the trauma-determined family system; CHAPTER EIGHT: Treating the trauma-organized system; CHAPTER NINE: The treatment process in trauma-organized systems; References; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Bloch, Donald, 1922-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|