Aggression [electronic resource] : from fantasy to action / edited by Paul Williams.
- London : Karnac Books, 2011.
- Conference Name:
- International Psychoanalytic Conference (2nd : Belfast, Northern Ireland)
- Psychoanalytic ideas.
1 online resource (255 p.)
- Aggressiveness -- Congresses.
- Electronic books.
- This book is a result of the 2nd International Psychoanalytic Conference: ""Aggression: From Fantasy to Action"", held in May 2010.It contains papers that were delivered to the conference, together with edited summaries of discussions from the floor that followed each paper. The standard of the papers given was extremely high. What was noticeable from the outset of the conference was the intensity of focus on understanding the origins of aggression and violence, from a psychoanalytic perspective. This intensity persisted throughout the two days, leading to a number of the fascinating discussio
- COVER; CONTENTS; ABOUT THE EDITOR AND CONTRIBUTORS; PREFACE; Introduction; CHAPTER ONE The nature and function of aggression; Discussion of Donald Campbell'spaper; CHAPTER TWO Which violence and whose violence? Questions arising in the psychotherapy of aggressive children; Discussion of Anne Alvarez's paper; CHAPTER THREE Violence to body and mind: treating patients who have killed; Discussion of Carine Minne's paper; CHAPTER FOUR The interpretation of violence; Discussion of James Gilligan's paper; CHAPTER FIVE From action to communication: the transformation of aggression in childhood
CHAPTER SIX Aggression and violence in adolescenceDiscussion of Marianne Parsons' paper; CHAPTER SEVEN The perverse fascination of destructiveness; Discussion of Paola Capozzi and Franco De Masi's paper; CHAPTER EIGHT Aggression: social and political aspects; Discussion of Lord Alderdice's paper; CHAPTER NINE Plenary session; Closing remarks by Philip McGarry; INDEX
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Williams, Paul.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|