Studying hospitality : beyond the envelope - papers from the 15th Annual Research Conference of the UK Council of Hospitality Management Education / guest editor: Conrad Lashley.
- [Bradford, England] : Emerald Group Publishing, 2007. , ©2007
- International journal of culture, tourism and hospitality research volume 1, number 3.
International journal of culture, tourism and hospitality research ; volume 1, number 3
1 online resource (pages 184-262) : illustrations.
- Hospitality industry -- Management.
Hospitality industry -- Research.
Culture and tourism -- Research.
- Electronic books.
- An emerging hospitality studies focus among academics prioritizes the study of host and guest transactions as a key feature of hospitality research and publications. The papers in this e-book, guest edited by a leading researcher in the field, provide a flavor of some of the research themes that social science perspectives suggest. The study of host and guest transactions extends beyond commercial hospitality management activities; a large number of human interactions can be better understood through host and guest transactions. Commercial hospitality management through service quality management, employee relations, customer and employee transactions as well as the development of customer loyalty can also be informed by the study of hospitality through the study of host guest transactions.
- Studying hospitality: beyond the envelope
The hospitality phenomenon: philosophical enlightenment?
Uncontested space: case studies of the Irish involvement in the hospitality industrial in colonial Victoria
Discovering hospitality: observations from recent research
Consumer participation in commercial hospitality
Hospitality through poetry: control, fake solidarity, and breakdown
Hospitality and eroticism.
- Includes bibliographical references.
Description based on print version of record.
- Lashley, Conrad, editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|