Digital material [electronic resource] : tracing new media in everyday life and technology / edited by Marianne van den Boomen ... [et al.].
- Amsterdam : Amsterdam University Press, 2009.
1 online resource (304 p.)
- Mass media and culture.
Digital media -- Social aspects.
Mass media -- Technological innovations.
- Electronic books.
- A compelling study of the often controversial role and meaning of the new media and digital cultures in contemporary society
- Table of contents; Introduction; Processor; Serious games from an apparatus perspective; Empower yourself, defend freedom!; Formatted spaces of participation; Digital objects in e-learning environments; Memory; The vanishing points of mobile communication; The work of art in the age of digital recombination; The design of world citizenship; Network; Moving beyond the artefact; Participation inside?; Challenging the magic circle; Renaissance now!; Screen; What you get is what you see; The pervasive interface; Grasping the screen; Terra incognita; Keyboard
Conceptualizing forums and blogs as public sphereInterfacing by material metaphors; Hidden practice; About the authors; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Boomen, Marianne van den.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|