Resources for Renewal [electronic resource] : A participatory approach to the modernization of municipal organizations in Finland
- Amsterdam/Philadelphia : John Benjamins Publishing Company, 1999.
- Dialogues on Work and Innovation
Dialogues on Work and Innovation
1 online resource (184 p.)
- Local subjects:
- Municipal government -- Finland. (search)
Municipal government. (search)
Municipal services -- Finland. (search)
Municipal services. (search)
- Electronic books.
- In the 1990's, the public sector has experienced the same kind of productivity pressures as has the private sector in most of the western countries. In Finland, the state and the local government organs have pursued to meet these demands by cutting down their personnel costs and by applying various models of New Public Management. This book sheds light on the possibilities of solving the problems in public sector modernization by changing the modes of operations of work organizations. The results presented in the book are based on development experiences in Finnish municipalities, and cover...
- RESOURCES FOR RENEWAL; Editorial page; Title page; LCC data; Contents; Introduction; Chapter 1. Methodology; Chapter 2. Promoting employee participation in municipal administration: The role of the action researcher; Chapter 3. Developing municipal services for the aged: The role of participatory action research and concept-driven change; Chapter 4. Breaking with tradition: Towards collaboration in the education sector; Chapter 5. Developing municipal meals services: Towards a conceptually low organization through communicative action
Chapter 6. The trade union's roles in the development of health care Chapter 7. Process control in the development of home care services for older people; Conclusions; About the authors; References; Index of Names; Index of Subjects
- Description based upon print version of record.
- Nakari, Risto.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|