Dune erosion during storm surges [electronic resource] / Jacob Simon Marie van Thiel de Vries.
- Amsterdam : IOS Press, c2009.
- Deltares select series ; v. 3.
Deltares select series, 1877-5608 ; v. 3
1 online resource (220 p.)
- Beach erosion.
- Electronic books.
- Explains the dune erosion during storm surges as it occurs along the Dutch coast. This book discusses areas including a large scale erosion experiment designed to improve insight into near dune hydrodynamics, sediment transport and interaction between dune face and swash zone.
- Title Page; Contents; Abstract; Samenvatting; Chapter 1 Introduction; Chapter 2 Large scale dune erosion tests; Chapter 3 Interaction of dune face and swash zone; Chapter 4 Modeling near dune hydrodynamics; Chapter 5 Modeling near dune sediment suspensions; Chapter 6 Modeling dune erosion; Chapter 7 Conclusions and recommendations; References; List of symbols; Appendix A Description of the morphodynamic model XBeach; Appendix B Model input files; Acknowledgements; Curriculum Vitae
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 165-173) and curriculum vitae.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|