Boundaries of morphology and syntax [electronic resource] / edited by Lunella Mereu.
- Amsterdam ; Philadelphia : John Benjamins Pub. Co., c1999.
- Conference Name:
- European Colloquium on "The Boundaries of Morphology and Syntax" (1997 : Università degli Studi di Roma Tre)
- Amsterdam studies in the theory and history of linguistic science. Current issues in linguistic theory ; Series IV, v. 180.
Amsterdam studies in the theory and history of linguistic science. Series IV, Current issues in linguistic theory, 0304-0763 ; v. 180
1 online resource (320 p.)
- Grammar, Comparative and general -- Morphosyntax -- Congresses.
- Electronic books.
- The volume collects a selection of papers presented at a European Colloquium held at the Università degli Studi di Roma Tre in October 1997. It focuses on phenomena at the boundary between morphology and syntax, and provides analyses for data from the fields of both inflectional and derivational morphology and word order. Morpho-syntactic phenomena are analysed cross-linguistically and cross-theoretically, as typologically-different languages (European, Afro-Asiatic, American and Austronesian ones) are dealt with and compared according to a variety of approaches, from minimalism and lex
- BOUNDARIES OF MORPHOLOGY AND SYNTAX; Editorial page; Title page; Copyright page; FOREWORD; ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS; INTRODUCTION; I. MORPHOLOGICAL PHENOMENA AND THEIR BOUNDARIES; BETWEEN MORPHOLOGY AND SYNTAX: ON THE VERBAL MORPHOLOGY OF SOME ALPINE DIALECTS; COMPOUNDING: MORPHOLOGY AND/OR SYNTAX?; THE EFFECT OF NOUN INCORPORATION ON ARGUMENT STRUCTURE; LEXICAL-FUNCTIONAL MORPHOLOGY AND THE STRUCTURE OF THE LEXICON; SOMALI AS A POLYSYNTHETIC LANGUAGE; DUTCH VERBAL PREFIXES: MEANING AND FORM, GRAMMATICALIZATION AND LEXICALIZATION
THE IRREALIS IN THE POLISH LANGUAGE: A QUESTION OF VERBAL MOODS, CONJUNCTIONS OR THE MODAL PARTICLE BY?II. MORPHO-SYNTAX AND PRAGMATICS; MORPHOLOGICAL AND SYNTACTICAL COMPLEXITY IN FRENCH INTERROGATIVE PREDICATES; INTEGRATING PRAGMATICS INTO THE GRAMMAR; SUBJECT, NOMINATIVE CASE, AGREEMENT AND FOCUS; THE ENGLISH CLEFT CONSTRUCTION AS A FOCUS PHRASE; AGREEMENT, PRONOMINALIZATION AND WORD ORDER IN PRAGMATICALLY-ORIENTED LANGUAGES; III. MORPHO-SYNTAX AND SEMANTICS; THEMATIC-ROLE ASSIGNMENT AND ASPECT IN ITALIAN PRONOMINAL VERBS: A LEXICOLOGICAL STUDY
SYNTACTIC OPTIONALITY AND LEXICAL SEMANTICS: THE CASE OF ENGLISH MANNER OF MOTION VERBSLABILE ORDERS AND GRAMMATICAL FUNCTIONS: THE FUNCTIONAL REPRESENTATION OF ONE-ARGUMENT STRUCTURES; GENERAL INDEX
- Papers presented at the European Colloquium on "The Boundaries of Morphology and Syntax," which was held Oct. 25-27, 1997, at the Dipartimento di Linguistica of the Università degli Studi di Roma Tre.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Mereu, Lunella.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|