Feminist critical negotiations [electronic resource] / edited by Alice A. Parker and Elizabeth A. Meese.
- Amsterdam ; Philadelphia : J. Benjamins Pub. Co., c1992.
- Critical theory ; v.
Critical theory ; v
1 online resource (202 p.)
- Feminist literary criticism.
Women and literature.
Feminism and literature.
- Electronic books.
- This volume is a collection of original contributions in the field of feminist critical theory which reflect upon past practices and suggest new strategies and directions for future work. The articles are presented in two non-exclusive, interactive sections: "Theorizing Feminist Criticism" and "The Feminist Writing Subject". They offer different points of entry into the familiar debates that have dominated feminist literary criticism for over a decade. The contributions stage negotiations with literary critical and feminist theory which are productive of different perspectives and new strategi
- FEMINIST CRITICAL NEGOTIATIONS; Editorial page; Title page; Copyright page; Table of Contents; Introduction; References; PART I. THEORIZING FEMINIST CRITICISM; Feminist Theory as a Practice; Notes; Bluebeard's Daughters: Pretexts for Pre-Texts; Fredric Jameson's Critique of Ethical Criticism:A Deconstructed Marxist Feminist Response; Notes; References; ""Places in the World a Woman Could Walk"": The Woman Reader and the Female Spectator as ""Transvestite""; Notes; Plots to a Happy Ending Re-Reading Closure Sabine; Notes; PART II. THE FEMINIST WRITING SUBJECT
Critical Negotiotions: Calling Feminism Out of Its NameNotes; References; The Golden Notebook Anna Wulf s Schizoanalysis; 1. Sexuality, Sexual Politics, and the Displacement of Identity; 2. Psychoanalysis and its Discontents; 3. Global Politics and the Social Genesis of Psychosis; 4. Lessing's critique of the realistic novel; Notes; A Gaze of One's Own: Narrativizing the Caribbean An Essay on Critical Fiction; 1. Narrating the Caribbean; 2. A Second Gaze; Agenda of the ideal text of the next millenium; References; Ananas/Pineapple; Notes
The Given and the Created The Infinite Cities of LanguageNotes; Writing as a Trajectory of Desire and Consciousness; Ritual with Trembling; Ritual With Shock; Ritual With Sliding; Ritual With Breath; Translator's notes; Contributors
- Description based upon print version of record.
- Parker, Alice, 1937-
Meese, Elizabeth A., 1943-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|