International trade and health [electronic resource] : a reference guide.
- New Delhi : World Health Organization, 2009.
1 online resource (157 p.)
- Foreign trade regulation.
Public health laws, International.
- Electronic books.
- SPS, TRIPS, trade-distorting subsidies, Doha Paragraph Six... The language of trade and health is specialized and may seem obscure. Though the language may be daunting, international trade agreements now being negotiated affect all of us, and health professionals in particular need to master the terminology if they are to participate in the national debate on trade and health.This reference guide consists of a basic dictionary of selected terms and several briefing notes that elaborate some of the issues.
- CONTENTS; Introduction; Dictionary; 1. Globalization, TRIPS and access to pharmaceuticals; 2. TRIPS, intellectual property rights and access to medicines; 3. Data exclusivity and other "TRIPS-plus" measures; 4. Innovation for diseases that mainly affect developing countries: issues and ideas; 5. Country experiences in using TRIPS safeguards; 6. Implications of bilateral free trade agreements on access to medicines; 7. GATS and health related services; 1. SEA/RC59/R7 - Public Health, Innovation, Essential Health Research and Intellectual Property Rights
2. SEA/RC59/R9 - International Trade and Health3. WHA61.21- Global strategy and plan of action on public health, innovation and intellectual property; 4. WHA60.30 - Public health, innovation and intellectual property; 5. WHA59.26 - International trade and health; 6. WHA59.24- Public health, innovation, essential health research and intellectual property rights: towards a global strategy and plan of action; 7. WHA56.27 - Intellectual property rights, innovation and public health
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references.
- World Health Organization. Regional Office for South-East Asia.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|