Utterance structure [electronic resource] : (developing grammars again) / Wolfgang Klein and Clive Perdue ; in cooperation with Mary Carroll ... [et al.].
- Amsterdam ; Philadelphia : John Benjamins Pub., 1992.
- Studies in bilingualism ; v. 5.
Studies in bilingualism ; v. 5
1 online resource (370 p.)
- Second language acquisition.
Grammar, Comparative and general -- Syntax.
- Electronic books.
- This volume presents the results of part of the ESF project 'Second language acquisition by adult immigrants'. The present study deals specifically with structure of utterances in learner varieties. The authors have attempted to find general principles which determine the form of utterances from the very beginning to relatively advanced stages. Chapter 1 and 2 provide the framework for the study and here the guiding hypotheses are sketched on the basis of a pilot analysis. The empirical part of the study is contained in Chapters 3-6, in which data are given for the acquisition of, respectively
- UTTERANCE STRUCTURE; Editorial page; Title page; Copyright page; Table of contents; Preface; 1. Introduction; 2. Framework; 3. The acquisition of English; 4. The acquisition of German; 5. The acquisition of Dutch; 6. The acquisition of French; 7. Conclusions; Glossary; References; Author Index; Subject Index
- "The present volume is based on a much longer report to the European Science Foundation, Second language acquisition by adult immigrants ..."--T.p. verso.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -347) and indexes.
- Perdue, Clive.
European Science Foundation.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|