Imagined mobility [electronic resource] : migration and transnationalism among Indian students in Australia / Michiel Baas.
- London ; New York : Anthem Press, 2010.
- Anthem South Asian Studies
Anthem South Asian Studies
1 online resource (276 p.)
- East Indians -- Education -- Australia.
East Indian students -- Australia -- Social conditions.
India -- Emigration and immigration.
- Electronic books.
- This book critically examines the history and current issues on the migration of Indian students to Australia.
- Departure : migration, transnationalism and what lies in-between
First semester : of leaving and arriving : from and to a culture of migration
Second semester : some history lessons as well as learning the hard way
Summer school : a history of students goings overseas
Third semester : learning about how to work in-between : legal and illegal realms
Fourth semester : graduating as a migrant
Arrival : imagined mobility
A new departure : curry bashing and alien space invaders.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|