The final solution [electronic resource] : a genocide / Donald Bloxham.
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2009.
- Oxford histories.
1 online resource (423 p.)
- Genocide -- Germany -- History -- 20th century.
Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Causes.
Jews -- Government policy -- Germany -- History -- 20th century.
Genocide -- Political aspects.
Genocide -- Sociological aspects.
Germany -- Ethnic relations -- History -- 20th century.
Europe -- Ethnic relations -- History -- 20th century.
- Electronic books.
- The Holocaust is frequently depicted in isolation by its historians. Some of them believe that to place it in any kind of comparative context risks diminishing its uniqueness and even detracts from the enormity of the Nazi crime. In reality, such a restricted understanding of 'uniqueness' has pulled the Holocaust apart from history and set up barriers to a better understanding of the racial onslaught unleashed within the Third Reich and its conquered territories.Working against the grain of much earlier writing, this innovative new history combines a detailed re-appraisal of the development of
- Contents; List of Maps and Illustrations; Glossary and Abbreviations; A; C; E; G; H; I; K; M; N; O; P; R; S; T; U; V; W; Introduction; Documentary Traces; I. A European History of Violence; 1. Europe on the Brink; 2. The First World War Era; 3. Ethnopolitics, Geopolitics, and the Return to War; II. Germany and the Final Solution; 4. Nazism and Germany; 5. Genocide in Germany's Eastern Empire; 6. The Patterns and Limits of the European Genocide; III. Perpetrators and their Environment; 7. Why Did They Kill?; IV. Civilization and the Holocaust; 8. Locating Genocide in the Human Past; Endnotes
Select BibliographyIndex; A; B; C; D; E; F; G; H; I; J; K; L; M; N; O; P; R; S; T; U; V; W; Y; Z
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|