Structure and function of a Chihuahuan Desert ecosystem : the Jornada Basin long-term ecological research site / edited by Kris M. Havstad, Laura F. Huenneke, William H. Schlesinger. [electronic resource]
- New York : Oxford University Press, 2020.
- Long-Term Ecological Research Network series.
Oxford scholarship online.
Long-Term Ecological Research Network series
Oxford scholarship online
1 online resource (482 p.)
- Desert ecology -- Chihuahuan Desert.
Jornada Experimental Range.
- For nearly 100 years in the USA federal scientists, university faculty, agriculturalists, natural resource managers, and the interested public have collaborated on research to understand basic ecological principles and their application to arid land management in the Chihuahuan Desert of New Mexico. This book is a synthesis of what has been learned from this unique history of scientific collaborations, with lessons applicable to analogous biomes around the world.
- Contents; Contributors; 1 Introduction; 2 Regional Setting of the Jornada Basin; 3 Climate and Climatological Variations in the Jornada Basin; 4 Soil Development in the Jornada Basin; 5 Patterns and Controls of Soil Water in the Jornada Basin; 6 Nutrient Cycling within an Arid Ecosystem; 7 Biogeochemical Fluxes across Piedmont Slopes of the Jornada Basin; 8 Water and Energy Balances within the Jornada Basin; 9 Eolian Processes on the Jornada Basin; 10 Plant Communities in the Jornada Basin: The Dynamic Landscape; 11 Patterns of Net Primary Production in Chihuahuan Desert Ecosystems
12 Chihuahuan Desert Fauna: Effects on Ecosystem Properties and Processes13 Grazing Livestock Management in an Arid Ecosystem; 14 Remediation Research in the Jornada Basin: Past and Future; 15 Applications of Remotely Sensed Data from the Jornada Basin; 16 Modeling the Unique Attributes of Arid Ecosystems: Lessons from the Jornada Basin; 17 A Holistic View of an Arid Ecosystem: A Synthesis of Research and Its Applications; 18 Future Directions in Jornada Research: Applying an Interactive Landscape Model to Solve Problems; References; Index; A; B; C; D; E; F; G; H; I; J; K; L; M; N; O; P; Q; R
ST; U; V; W; X; Y
- Previously issued in print: 2006.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Havstad, Kris M., editor.
Huenneke, L. F., editor.
Schlesinger, William H., editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|