Perceptions of NATO and the new strategic concept [electronic resource] / edited by Luis Nuno Rodrigues, Volodymyr Dubovyk.
- Washington, D.C. : IOS Press, 2011.
- NATO science for peace and security series. Human and societal dynamics ; E, v. 76.
NATO science for peace and security series. Sub-series E, Human and societal dynamics ; v. 76
1 online resource (124 p.)
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
- Electronic books.
- This book attempts to address how NATO and its mission are perceived today in the world, to assess the challenges the organization is facing in the near future, and to debate what could be its role in the 21st century. This is most relevant since the Organization has just celebrated its 60th anniversary and is in the process of redefining its strategic concept to try to shape the right strategy for a safer tomorrow. This book deals with the following: How is the Organization perceived in member and so-called partner countries such as Russia and Georgia with regards to models, policies and stra
- Title; Preface; List of Contributors; Contents; The Future of NATO; What does Geography Tell us about NATO's Durability? An Interpretation; NATO: Shaping the Correct Strategy for a Safer Tomorrow; NATO's Strategic Concept; The Future of the Alliance: Toward a Transatlantic 'Hub'?; United States and Europe: an Unequal Partnership; NATO: One of the Main Guarantees of Peace and Security in South Caucasus; Russia, NATO and the International Societies: Models, Policies, Strategies; Russia-NATO Partnership at the Crossroads; Engaging the Successor Generation in NATO
Perceptions and Misperceptions of Portuguese Youngsters on NATONATO in Afghanistan and the Communications Domain; Subject Index; Author Index
- "Published in cooperation with NATO public diplomacy division."
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Rodrigues, Luís Nuno.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|