Science & medicine [electronic resource] / James G. Thomas, Jr. & Charles Reagan Wilson, volume editors.
- Other Title:
- Science and medicine
- Chapel Hill : University of North Carolina Press, c2012.
- New encyclopedia of Southern culture ; v. 22.
New encyclopedia of Southern culture ; v. 22
1 online resource (xviii, 281 pages) : illustrations
- Science -- Southern States -- Encyclopedias.
Medicine -- Southern States -- Encyclopedias.
Southern States -- Social conditions -- Encyclopedias.
- Electronic books.
- Cover; Contents; General Introduction; Introduction; SCIENCE AND MEDICINE; Abortion; Aerospace; Agriculture, Scientific; Alcohol and Alcoholism; American Indian Health and Medicine; Childbirth, Antebellum; Civil War Medicine; Climate and Weather; Drug Use; Education, Medical; Environmental Health; Eugenics; Folk Medicine; Gender and Health; Healers, Women; Health, African American; Health, Mental; Health, Public; Health, Rural; Health, Worker; Maternal and Child Health, Urban; Medical Care, Public Health, and Race; Medical Centers
Medical Science, Racial Ideology, and Practice, to ReconstructionMedicine, States' Rights; Obesity; Physicians, African American; Poverty, Effects of; Professionalization of Science; Racialized Medicine; Racism, Scientific; Science and Religion (Evolution vs. Creationism); Slavery and Medicine; Slaves in Medical Education and Medical Experiments; Surgeons General; Technological Education; Technology; Urban Health Conditions; Barnard, Frederick A. P.; Cancer Alley (Louisiana); Carver, George Washington; Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; Country Doctor; Creation Science; DDT
DeBakey, MichaelFaith Healing; Frontier Nursing Service; Garden, Alexander; Geophagia and Pica; Guyton, Arthur C.; Hardy, James D.; Herty, Charles Holmes; HIV/AIDS; Hookworm; Hoxsey Therapy; Influenza Epidemic of 1918; LeConte, John and Joseph; Leprosy; Lewis, Henry Clay; Long, Crawford W.; Malaria; Maury, Matthew Fontaine; McDowell, Ephraim; Medical Committee for Human Rights; Medical Museums; Medicine Shows and Patent Medicines; Meharry Medical College; Moore, Samuel Preston; Pellagra; Poteat, William Louis; Reed, Walter; Research Triangle Park; Ruffin, Edmund
St. Jude Children's Research HospitalSavannah River Site; Scopes Trial; Sickle Cell Anemia; Sims, J. Marion; Slave Hospitals; Tuskegee Syphilis Study (United States Public Health Service Syphilis Study); Whitfield (Mississippi State Hospital); Yellow Fever.
- "Published with the assistance of the Anniversary Endowment Fund of the University of North Carolina Press."
"Sponsored by the Center for the Study of Southern Culture at the University of Mississippi."
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Thomas, James G. (James George)
Wilson, Charles Reagan.
University of Mississippi. Center for the Study of Southern Culture.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|