Rape as a part of domestic violence [electronic resource] : a qualitative analysis of case narratives and official reports / Katharine Tellis.
- El Paso [Tex.] : LFB Scholarly Pub., 2010.
- Criminal justice (LFB Scholarly Publishing LLC)
Criminal justice : recent scholarship
1 online resource (192 p.)
- Rape -- United States.
Rape in marriage -- United States.
Family violence -- United States.
- Electronic books.
- Increased attention to intimate partner rape has resulted in clinical studies and population-based survey research. Tellis examines the situational context of intimate partner rapes reported to the police. This study seeks to make sexual assault visible in domestic violence by using extant typologies to examine the control context and co-occurrence of physical and sexual assault in intimate partner rape. Findings reveal a predominance of Intimate Terrorism and gratuitous physical violence in over half of the cases, but suspects use threats to foster victim compliance in the majority of cases.
- Making sexual assault visible in domestic violence
The social context of, and criminal justice response to, intimate partner rape
The research strategy
Contextualizing intimate partner rape
The control context of intimate partner rape
Looking ahead : furthering the visibility of sexual assault in domestic violence.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|