China, Christianity, and the question of culture / Yang Huilin ; Zhang Jing, editor ; Hannah Feldmeier, cover design.
- Waco, Texas : Baylor University Press, 2014.
1 online resource (275 p.)
- Christianity and culture -- China.
Christianity -- China.
- Electronic books.
- The possibility of Christianity in China
- Cover; Half Title Page, Title Page, Copyright; Contents; Foreword; Part 1. Christianity and Chinese Culture; 1. Language and Missionary Universities in China; 2. Three Questions in the Dialogue between Buddhism and Christianity; 3. Inculturation or Contextualization: Interpretation of Christianity in the Context of Chinese Culture; 4. ""Ethicized"" Chinese-Language Christianity and the Meaning of Christian Ethics; 5. The Contemporary Significance of Theological Ethics: The True Problems Elicited by Auschwitz and the Cultural Revolution; Part 2. Theology and Humanities
6. The Value of Theology in Humanities: Possible Approaches to Sino-Christian Theology7. The Potential Value of Contemporary Theology for Literary Theories; 8. Six Problem Domains in Western Marxists' Theory on Religion; 9. To Reverse Our Premise with the Perverse Core: A Response to Žižek's ""Theology"" in Chinese Context; 10. From ""Difference"" to ""The Other"": A Theological Reading of Heidegger and Derrida; Part 3. Scriptural Reasoning; 11. James Legge: Between Literature and Religion; 12. The Possibilities and Values of ""Scriptural Reasoning"" between China and the West
13. Scriptural Reasoning and the Hermeneutical Circle14. The Chinese Union Version of the Bible and Its Hermeneutical Analysis; Notes; Works Cited; Details of Previous Publications
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references.
Description based on print version record.
- Jing, Zhang, editor.
Feldmeier, Hannah, cover designer.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|