Farming in a changing climate [electronic resource] : agricultural adaptation in Canada / edited by Ellen Wall, Barry Smit, and Johanna Wandel.
- Vancouver : UBC Press, c2007.
- Sustainability and the environment.
Sustainability and the environment
1 online resource (289 p.)
- Crops and climate -- Canada.
Crops and climate -- Methodology.
Agricultural ecology -- Canada.
Agriculture and state -- Canada.
Agriculture -- Management -- Canada.
- Electronic books.
- Intro; Contents; Figures and Tables; Abbreviations; Preface; Acknowledgments; Part 1: Research Approaches to Climate Change Adaptation; Part 2: Impact-Based Studies; Part 3: Context-Based Studies; Part 4: Process-Based Studies; Part 5: Conclusions; References; Contributors; Index; 1 Introduction; 2 Impact-Based Approach; 3 Context-Based Approach; 4 Process-Based Approach; 5 Potential Impacts of Climate Change on Agriculture in Eastern Canada; 6 Climate Change Impacts on Agriculture in the Prairies
7 Agricultural Water Supply in the Okanagan Basin: Using Climate Change Scenarios to Inform Dialogue and Planning Processes 8 Climate Change Adaptation in a Wider Context: Conceptualizing Multiple Risks in Primary Agriculture; 9 Biophysical and Socio-Economic Stressors for Agriculture in the Canadian Prairies; 10 Institutional Capacity for Agriculture in the South Saskatchewan River Basin; 11 The Perception of Risk to Agriculture and Climatic Variability in Québec: Implications for Farmer Adaptation to Climatic Variability and Change
12 Comparing Apples and Grapes: Farm-Level Vulnerability to Climate Variability and Change 13 Vulnerability and Adaptation to Climate Risks in Southwestern Ontario Farming Systems; 14 Community-Based Watershed Management as an Agricultural Adaptation to Climatic Extremes in the Canadian Prairies; 15 Household Access to Capital and Its Influence on Climate-Related Rural Population Change: Lessons from the Dust Bowl Years; 16 Policy Implications: Panelists' Comments; 17 Climate Change Adaptation Research and Policy for Canadian Agriculture;
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -261) and index.
- Smit, Barry.
Wall, Shirley Ellen.
Wandel, Johanna, 1971-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|