Extraterritorial immigration control [electronic resource] : legal challenges / edited by Bernard Ryan, Valsamis Mitsilegas.
- Leiden ; Boston : Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, 2010.
- Immigration and asylum law and policy in Europe ; v. 21.
Immigration and asylum law and policy in Europe ; v. 21
1 online resource (459 p.)
- Emigration and immigration law.
Emigration and immigration law -- Europe.
Maritime law -- Europe.
International and municipal law -- Europe.
- Electronic books.
- This work analyses the legal challenges posed by contemporary practices of extraterritorial immigration control: visas, pre-embarkation checks and the interception of irregular migrants. It examines the international law framework, and provides case-studies from Europe, Australia and the United States.
- Extraterritorial immigration control : what role for legal guarantees? / Bernard Ryan
Extraterritorial immigration control in the 21st century : the individual and the state transformed / Valsamis Mitsilegas
The concept of state jurisdiction and the applicability of the non-refoulement principle to extraterritorial interception measures / Anja Klug and Tim Howe
The international law of the sea and migration control / Richard Barnes
The legal framework concerning the smuggling of migrants at sea under the UN protocol on the smuggling of migrants by land, sea and air / Tom Obokata
Europe beyond its borders : refugee and human rights protection in extraterritorial immigration control / Maarten den Heijer
Extraterritorial migration control and human rights : preserving the responsibility of the EU and its member states / Evelien Brouwer
Extraterritorial border controls in the EU : the role of Frontex in operations at sea / Anneliese Baldaccini
The transformation of European border controls / Elspeth Guild and Didier Bigo
Migration control at sea : the Italian case / Alessia di Pascale
Extraterritorial strategies to tackle irregular immigration by sea : a Spanish perspective / Paula Garcia Andrade
Controlling migration by sea : the Australian case / Susan Kneebone
US migrant interdiction practices in international and territorial waters / Niels Frenzen
The UK and extraterritorial immigration control : entry clearance and juxtaposed control / Gina Clayton.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -445) and index.
- Ryan, Bernard, 1966-
Mitsilegas, Valsamis, 1971-
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1163/ej.9789004172333.i-441 DOI
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|