Shoa and Experience : A Journey in Time / Nitza Davidovitch, Dan Soen.
- Boston, MA : Academic Studies Press, 
- Holocaust (Boston, Mass.)
Holocaust: History and Literature, Ethics and Philosophy
1 online resource (256 p.)
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Influence.
Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Study and teaching.
Influence (Literary, artistic, etc.)
- Electronic books.
- In English.
- Shoa and Experience is a collection of essays offering important insights on the nature of Holocaust education with implications for Holocaust education development for future generations, in Israel and worldwide. Special attention is given to the evolving nature of contemporary multimedia society in which youth are inundated with stimuli of all kinds. Hence, consideration is given to the incorporation of multidimensional aspects of learning and experience in Holocaust education in order to enhance students' understanding on cognitive, emotional and moral levels. This book will help Holocaust educators and curriculum developers to design Holocaust education programs and attune them to the nature and the needs of the current generation. It is intended to prepare educators to initiate and lead programs and encounters designed to teach today's youth about the Holocaust from multiple perspectives.
Table of Contents
About the Authors
The Trip Experience: Poland and the Polish People as Perceived by Israeli Youth in Light of Their Trips to the Death Camps / Davidovitch, Nitza / Soen, Dan
A Test of Leadership: IDF Delegations to Poland- A Tool for Promoting Command-Oriented Leadership? / Davidovitch, Nitza / Ur-Leurer, Osnat / Soen, Dan
The Pedagogy of Commonness: An Alternative Theory in Teaching about the Holocaust / Kaźmierczak, Marek
Myth and Reality: On "Future Generations" of the Holocaust / Knobler, Haim Y. / Haber, Lily / Brutin, Batya / Zemishlany, Zvi
A13808 / Dorot, Ruth
The Unterlimpurg Synagogue: Issues Involved in Restoring a Demolished Synagogue / Cassuto, David / Orgad, Zvi
The Abuse of Holocaust Memory in 2011-2012 / Gerstenfeld, Manfred
Studying Judaism, Jewish History, and the Jews: The Experience of Jewish Studies at Academic Campuses in Poland Today / Gawron, Edyta
Remnants of the Holocaust: A Process of Consciousness Far from Conclusion / Gil, Zvi
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 21. Dez 2019)
- Brutin, Batya.
Davidovitch, Nitza, editor., Editor,
Knobler, Haim Y.
Soen, Dan, editor., Editor,
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1515/9781618113115 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|