Participation and beliefs in popular religiosity : an empirical-theological exploration among Italian Catholics / by Francesco Zaccaria.
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2010.
- Empirical Studies in Theology 18.
Empirical studies in theology, 1389-1189 ; v. 18
Brill ebook titles
1 online resource (320 p.)
- Conversano Region (Italy) -- Religious life and customs.
Monopoli Region (Italy) -- Religious life and customs.
Catholic Church. Diocese of Conversano-Monopoli.
- Electronic books.
- Many academic disciplines have contributed to the study of popular religiosity, but the definition of this phenomenon and of its relation with official religion still remains a problematic topic. This book offers an empirical-theological investigation of popular religiosity by exploring among Italian Catholics the relation between popular religious participation (processions, pilgrimages, vows, et cetera) and religious beliefs. The investigated beliefs are beliefs about God, about human suffering in relation to God, about Jesus Christ, and about the church. The results indicate that popular religious participation influences some of these beliefs. This study contributes to an empirically based picture of a complementary relation between popular religiosity and official religion within the Catholic Church in Italy.
- Preliminary Material / F. Zaccaria
Chapter One. Introduction / F. Zaccaria
Chapter Two. Participation In Popular Religiosity In The Catholic Church / F. Zaccaria
Chapter Three. Beliefs About God / F. Zaccaria
Chapter Four. Beliefs About Suffering / F. Zaccaria
Chapter Five. Beliefs About Jesus Christ / F. Zaccaria
Chapter Six. Beliefs About The Church / F. Zaccaria
Chapter Seven. Effects Of Popular Religious Participation On Beliefs / F. Zaccaria
Chapter Eight. Synopsis And Recommendations / F. Zaccaria
Appendix One. Measuring Instruments / F. Zaccaria
Appendix Two. Factor Analyses / F. Zaccaria
Appendix Three. Scheffé Tests / F. Zaccaria
Appendix Four. Beliefs And Gender / F. Zaccaria
Bibliography / F. Zaccaria
Index / F. Zaccaria.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -308).
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1163/ej.9789004180963.i-310 DOI
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|