Entangled histories of the Balkans. Volume Two : transfers of political ideologies and institutions / edited by Roumen Daskalov, Diana Mishkova ; contributors Roumen Daskalov [and five others].
- Leiden, Netherlands : Brill, 2014.
- Balkan studies library ; v. 12.
Balkan Studies Library, 1877-6272 ; Volume 12
1 online resource (609 pages)
- Balkan Peninsula -- History.
- Electronic books.
- Modern Balkan history has traditionally been studied by national historians in terms of separate national histories taking place within bounded state territories. The authors in this volume take a different approach. They all seek to treat the modern history of the region from a transnational and relational perspective in terms of shared and connected, as well as entangled, histories, transfers and crossings. This goes along with an interest in the way ideas, institutions and techniques were selected, transferred and adapted to Balkan conditions and how they interacted with those conditions, resulting in mélanges and hybridization. The volume also invites reflection on the interacting entities in the very process of their creation and consecutive transformations rather than taking them as givens. Contributors include: Diana Mishkova, Alexander Vezenkov, Constantin Iordachi, Roumen Daskalov, Tchavdar Marinov, Blagovest Njagulov.
- Preliminary Material
1. “Forms without Substance”: Debates on the Transfer of Western Models to the Balkans / Diana Mishkova and Roumen Daskalov
2. Balkan Liberalisms: Historical Routes of a Modern Ideology / Diana Mishkova
3. Early Socialism in the Balkans. Ideas and Practices in Serbia, Romania and Bulgaria / Blagovest Njagulov
4. Agrarian Ideologies and Peasant Movements in the Balkans / Roumen Daskalov
5. Fascism in Southeastern Europe: A Comparison between Romania’s Legion of the Archangel Michael and Croatia’s Ustaša / Constantin Iordachi
6. Communism and Nationalism in the Balkans: Marriage of Convenience or Mutual Attraction? / Tchavdar Marinov and Alexander Vezenkov
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource : title from PDF title page (ebrary, viewed January 3, 2014).
- Daskalov, Rumen.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1163/9789004261914 DOI
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|