Footwear from the Ottoman period [electronic resource] / André J. Veldmeijer ; with a chapter by Pamela J. Rose.
- Leiden : Sidestone Press, c2012.
- Leatherwork from Qasr Ibrim (Egypt) ; pt. 1
1 online resource (465 p.)
- Footwear -- Egypt -- Ibrīm -- History.
Egypt -- Antiquities.
- Electronic books.
- Throughout its long history, stretching from the 25th Dynasty (c. 752-656 BC) to the Ottoman Period (c. 1500-1811 AD), Qasr Ibrim was one of the most important settlements in Egyptian Nubia. The site has produced an unprecedented wealth of material and due to the - even for Egypt - extraordinary preservation circumstances, includes objects that are made of perishable organic materials, such as wood, leather, and flax.The present volume focuses on one of these groups: footwear that is made from leather and dated to the Ottoman Period. The footwear, recovered during the years that the Egypt Expl
- pt. 1. Analysis
pt. 2. Catalogue.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Rose, Pamela J.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|