Bilingual higher education in the legal context [electronic resource] : group rights, state policies and globalisation / edited by Xabier Arzoz.
- Leiden ; Boston : Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, 2012.
- Studies in international minority and group rights ; v. 2.
Studies in international minority and group rights, 2210-2132 ; v. 2
1 online resource (374 p.)
- Education, Bilingual -- Law and legislation.
Universities and colleges -- Law and legislation.
- Electronic books.
- This book is devoted to complex questions of building and developing legal education in more than one language, through two state languages (French and Dutch in Belgium, German and French in Switzerland, English and French in Canada, Finnish and Swedish in Finland) and/or through the medium of minority or lesser used languages (Basque, Galician, Catalan, Welsh, Romanian). Some states have a long and well-established tradition of bilingual legal education; others have only recently started to develop a legal education system through non-dominant languages; finally, in some other cases only partial bilingual legal education obtains, rather than a fuller model. The volume purports to examine best practices and to draw useful lessons from the experiences of other bilingual societies.
- Legal education in bilingual contexts : a conceptual, historical and comparative perspective / Xabier Arzoz
Bilingualism and legal education in Canada : the classical approach / Andre Braen
Linguistic law in higher education in Belgium : new trends for bilingual education, but which one? / Sophie Weerts
The Swiss paradox: monolingual higher education in a multicultural environment / Nicole Schmitt
Implementing linguistic rights through legal education in Finnish and Swedish in Finland / Markku Suksi
Basque-medium legal education in the Basque country / Xabier Arzoz
Bilingual higher education in Catalonia / Eva Pons
Living on borrowed time : bilingual law teaching in Galicia, or the urgent need to recover prestige / Alba Nogueira
Bilingual legal scholarship in Wales : historical and contemporary perspectives / Gwyn Parry
Legal education in Hungarian language in Transylvania : between a glorious past and an uncertain future / Gyula Fabian
Creating, studying and experimenting bilingual law in South Tyrol : lost in interpretation? / Elisabeth Alber and Francesco Palermo
English-medium legal education in continental Europe : Maastricht University's European Law School - experiences and challenges / Nicole Kornet
Bilingual legal education in Europe and Canada / Bethan Sarah Davies.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Arzoz, Xabier.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1163/9789004228061 DOI
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|