Grammaticalization and pragmatics : facts, approaches, theoretical issues / edited by Corinne Rossari, Claudia Ricci and Adriana Spiridon ; contributors, Marie-José Béguelin [and thirteen others].
- 1st ed.
- Bingley, England : Emerald, 2009.
- Studies in pragmatics.
Studies in Pragmatics, 1750-368X
1 online resource (200 p.)
- Grammar, Comparative and general -- Grammaticalization.
- Electronic books.
- The studies collected in this volume deal with pragmatic factors involved in the evolution of grammatical or lexical forms or in the emergence of complex syntactic structures in various languages (Dutch, French, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, Serbian and Spanish). They are set against the theoretical framework of grammaticalization. The main methodological tools are cross-linguistic contrastive analysis and diachronic perspective. The two main issues that emerge from these studies are the place of pragmatic factors in language change (input, output or setting/frame of the process) and the existence or otherwise of a prevailing mechanism for explaining change phenomena.
- Preliminary Material / Corinne Rossari , Claudia Ricci and Adriana Spiridon
Introduction / Corinne Rossari , Claudia Ricci and Adriana Spiridon
Word Order from Latin to French: A Case of Grammaticalization (from Pragmatics to Syntactics) or of Typological Coherence? / Christiane Marchello-Nizia
Auxiliaries and Grammaticalization: A Case Study of Germanic and Slavonic Languages / Béatrice Lamiroy and Ana Drobnjaković
From the Confession of Ignorance to the Indefi nite: What Impact for a Theory of Grammaticalization? / Marie-José Béguelin
The Approximators French Comme, Italian Come, Portuguese Como and Spanish Como from a Grammaticalization Perspective / Wiltrud Mihatsch
The Spanish Discourse Marker Por Cierto: A Non-Standard Case of Grammaticalization / Maria Estellés Arguedas
The Polysemy of Devoir: A Contrastive and Diachronic Analysis / Corinne Rossari , Corina Cojocariu , Claudia Ricci and Adriana Spiridon
On the Diachrony of “Reinforced” Negation in French and Italian / Maj-Britt Mosegaard Hansen and Jacqueline Visconti
Nominal Utterances with Lexical Repetition: Effects of Grammaticalization? / Angela Ferrari
The Use of Anti- in Contemporary French: A Case of Degrammaticalization? / Franziska Heyna.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references at the end of each chapters.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (ebrary, viewed November 11, 2014).
- Rossari, Corinne, 1964- editor.
Ricci, Claudia, editor.
Spiridon, Adriana, editor.
Reichler-Béguelin, Marie-José, contributor.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1163/9789004253193 DOI
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|