David the Invincible, commentary on Aristotle's Prior analytics [electronic resource] : old Armenian text / with an English translation, introduction and notes by Aram Topchyan.
- Standardized Title:
- Meknutʻiwn chʻorekʻtasan glkhotsʻ Aristoteli I verlutsakann. Armenian & English
- Other Title:
- Commentary on Aristotle's Prior analytics
- Boston : Brill, c2010.
- Philosophia antiqua ; v. 122.
Commentaria in Aristotelem Armeniaca. Davidis opera ; v. 2.
Philosophia antiqua, 0079-1687 ; v. 122
Commentaria in Aristotelem Armeniaca. Davidis opera ; v. 2
1 online resource (232 p.)
- Aristotle. Prior analytics -- Commentaries -- Early works to 1800.
- Electronic books.
- David the Invincible’s (6th century AD) Commentary on Aristotle's Prior Analytics survives only in an old Armenian translation from Greek. Its critical edition with a Russian translation (1967) was based on the editio princeps of Venice (1833) and five manuscripts of the Matenadaran (Institute of Ancient Manuscripts, Erevan). This edition includes the text of 1967, revised through careful rechecking of the same five manuscripts and the editio princeps, as well as on the basis of twenty-three other manuscripts. The book contains the first English translation of the work, textual parallels with other commentaries on Aristotle, trilingual (Armenian, Greek, English) glossaries and other material useful to interested specialists. The introduction, among other subjects, discusses the disputable issues of authorship and the translator.
- Armenian text and translation
Appendix I : parallels from relevant texts
Appendix II : a concise description and typical examples of morphological and syntactical Grecisms
Appendix III : lexical Grecisms having Greek equivalents in David's other treatises
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Tʻopʻchʻyan, Aram.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1163/ej.9789004187191.i-222 DOI
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|