New light on Manichaeism [electronic resource] : papers from the Sixth International Congress on Manichaeism, organized by the International Association of Manichaean Studies / edited by Jason David BeDuhn.
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, c2009.
- Conference Name:
- International Conference on Manichaeism (6th : 2005 : Flagstaff, Ariz.)
International Conference on Manichaeism
- Nag Hammadi and Manichaean studies ; 64.
Nag Hammadi and Manichaean studies, 0929-2470 ; v. 64
1 online resource (300 p.)
- Manichaeism -- Congresses.
- Electronic books.
- Offers discoveries and insights into the Manichaean religion throughout its more than one thousand year history, ranging from glimpses into the life and thought of Mani himself, to developments in doctrine and practice in the religion's North African, Iranian, Central Asian, and Chinese settings.
- A religion of deeds : scepticism in the doctrinally liberal Manichaeism of Faustus and Augustine / Jason David BeDuhn
The conversation of John the Orthodox with a Manichaean : an analysis of its sources and its significance for Manichaean studies / Byard Bennett
The Mani Logion : "the purification that was spoken about is that which comes through gnosis" (CMC 84, 9-12) / Luigi Cirillo
Manichaeism among the Uygurs : the Uygur Khan of the Bokug clan / Larry Clark
Manichaean time-management : laymen between religious and secular duties / Iris Colditz
Characteristics of Manichaeism in Roman Africa / J. Kevin Coyle
Mani's account of other religions acording to the Coptic Synaxeis codex / Wolf-Peter Funk
How we know the exact year the Archegos left Baghdad / Cyril Glassé
An experiment in digital reconstruction with a Manichaean book painting : the work of the religion scene (MIK III 4974 recto) / Zsuzsanna Gulácsi
The Manichaean Church between Earth and Paradise / Claudia Leurini
Medieval Manichaean and Nestorian remains in the Zayton (Quanzhou) of Marco Polo / Samuel N.C. Lieu
Sukhāvatī and the Light-world : Pure Land elements in the Chinese Manichaean Eulogy of the Light-world / Gunner Mikkelsen
ʻYmyn ʼʼhynd : the beginning of Mani's psalm Wuzurgān Āfrīwan in Parthian and Middle Persian / Enrico Morano
A Sogdian version of Mani's Letter of the seal / Christiane Reck
Snatches of the Middle Iranian "Tale of the five brothers" / Christiane Reck
A Manichaean collection of letters and a list of Mani's letters in Middle Persian / Werner Sundermann.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- BeDuhn, Jason.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|