Corpus linguistics 25 years on [electronic resource] / edited by Roberta Facchinetti.
- Other Title:
- Corpus linguistics twenty-five years on
- Amsterdam [Netherlands] ; New York, NY : Rodopi, 2007.
- Language and computers ; no. 62.
Language and computers : studies in practical linguistics ; no 62
1 online resource (392 p.)
- Computational linguistics -- Methodology.
Discourse analysis -- Data processing.
- Electronic books.
- This volume offers a state-of-the-art picture of work undertaken in the field of computer-aided corpus linguistics. While the focus is on English, central insights can be generalised to other languages, as well. As a work intended to mark the Silver Jubilee of ICAME, the International Computer Archive of Modern and Medieval English , the book combines surveys of the discipline by some of its major pioneers, including founders of ICAME itself, with cutting-edge work by younger scholars. It is divided into three sections: “Overviewing years of corpus linguistic studies”, “Descriptive studies in English syntax and semantics”, and “Second Language Acquisition, parallel corpora and specialist corpora”. The book bears witness to the impressive advances that have characterised the development of corpus linguistics over the past few decades – from terminological issues to practical applications, from theoretical and descriptive research to applied approaches, from monolingual to multilingual and specialist corpora, from corpus design to corpus exploitation tools.
- Preliminary material / Editors Corpus Linguistics 25 Years on
Introduction / Roberta Facchinetti
Corpus linguistics 25+ years on / Jan Svartvik
Corpus development 25 years on: from super-corpus to cyber-corpus / Antoinette Renouf
Seeing through multilingual corpora / Stig Johansson
Corpora and spoken discourse / Anne Wichmann
An example of frequent English phraseology: distributions, structures and functions / Michael Stubbs
The semantic properties of going to: distribution patterns in four subcorpora of the British National Corpus / Ylva Berglund and Christopher Williams
The superlative in spoken English / Claudia Claridge
Semantically-based queries with a joint BNC/WordNet database / Mark Davies
Size matters – or thus can meaningful structures be revealed in large corpora / Solveig Granath
Inversion in modern written English: syntactic complexity, information status and the creative writer / Rolf Kreyer
The filling in the sandwich: internal modification of idioms / David C. Minugh
NP-internal functions and extended uses of the ‘type’ nouns kind, sort, and type: towards a comprehensive, corpus-based description / Liesbeth De Smedt , Lieselotte Brems and Kristin Davidse
Student writing of research articles in a foreign language: metacognition and corpora / Francesca Bianchi and Roberto Pazzaglia
The structure of corpora in SLA research / Ron Cowan and Michael Leeser
The path from learner corpus analysis to language pedagogy: some neglected issues / Nadja Nesselhauf
Exploiting the Corpus of East-African English / Josef Schmied
Transitive verb plus reflexive pronoun/personal pronoun patterns in English and Japanese: using a Japanese-English parallel corpus / Makoto Shimizu and Masaki Murata
The retrieval of false anglicisms in newspaper texts / Cristiano Furiassi and Knut Hofland
Lexical semantics for software requirements engineering – a corpus-based approach / Kerstin Lindmark , Johan Natt och Dag and Caroline Willners.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Facchinetti, Roberta, 1967-
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1163/9789401204347 DOI
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|