Corpus linguistics beyond the word [electronic resource] : corpus research from phrase to discourse / edited by Eileen Fitzpatrick.
- Amsterdam : Rodopi, 2007.
- Conference Name:
- North American Symposium on Corpus Linguistics and Language Teaching (5th : 2004 : Montclair, N.J.)
- Language and computers ; no. 60.
Language and computers ; no. 60
1 online resource (288 p.)
- Computational linguistics -- Congresses.
Discourse analysis -- Data processing -- Congresses.
- Electronic books.
- This volume will be of particular interest to readers interested in expanding the applications of corpus linguistics techniques through new tools and approaches. The text includes selected papers from the Fifth North American Symposium, hosted by the Linguistics Department at Montclair State University in Montclair New Jersey in May 2004. The symposium papers represented several areas of corpus studies including language development, syntactic analysis, pragmatics and discourse, language change, register variation, corpus creation and annotation, and practical applications of corpus work, prim
- Contents; Preface; Analysis Tools and Corpus Annotation; A Syntactic Feature Counting Method for Selecting Machine Translation Training Corpora; The Envelope of Variation in Multidimensional Register and Genre Analyses; Using Singular-Value Decomposition on Local Word Contexts to Derive a Measure of Constructional Similarity; Problematic Syntactic Patterns; Towards a Comprehensive Survey of Register-based Variation in Spanish Syntax; Between the Humanist and the Modernist: Semi-automated Analysis of Linguistic Corpora; Pragmatic Annotation of an Academic Spoken Corpus for Pedagogical Purposes
Using Oral Corpora in Contrastive Studies of Linguistic Politeness Corpus Applications: Pedagogy and Linguistic Analysis; One Corpus, Two Contexts: Intersections of Content-Area Teacher Training and Medical Education; ""GRIMMATIK:"" German Grammar through the Magic of the Brothers Grimm Fairytales and the Online Grimm Corpus; Assessing the Development of Foreign Language Writing Skills: Syntactic and Lexical Features; A Contrastive Functional Analysis of Errors in Spanish EFL University Writers' Argumentative Texts: a Corpus-based Study
How to End an Introduction in a Computer Science Article? A Corpus-based Approach Does Albanian have a Third Person Personal Pronoun? Let's have a Look at the Corpus...; The Use of Relativizers across Speaker Roles and Gender: Explorations in 19th-century Trials, Drama and Letters
- "The papers were originally presented at the Fifth North American Symposium on Corpus Linguistics, co-sponsored by the American Association of Applied Corpus Linguistics and the Linguistics Department of Montclair State University ... held from May 21-23, 2004 at Montclair State in Montclair, New Jersey"--Pref.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Montclair State University. Dept. of Linguistics.
American Association of Applied Corpus Linguistics.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|