Addiction and responsibility / edited by Jeffrey Poland and George Graham.
- Cambridge, Mass. : MIT Press, ©2011.
- Philosophical psychopathology.
Philosophical psychopathology : disorders of the mind
1 online resource (319 p.)
- Self-control -- Congresses.
Responsibility -- Congresses.
Psychology, Pathological -- Philosophy -- Congresses.
Dependency (Psychology) -- Congresses.
Compulsive behavior -- Psychological aspects -- Congresses.
Psychology and philosophy -- Congresses.
- This volume offers a range of perspectives on addiction and responsibility and how the two are bound together. Distinguished contributors dicuss questions concerning whether or not we are responsible for our own addictions and what responsibilities others have to help.
- Contents; Series Foreword; Preface; 1 Introduction; 2 Drug Addiction as Incentive Sensitization; 3 Free Will as Recursive Self-Prediction; 4 Addiction, Responsibility, and Ego Depletion; 5 Lowering the Bar for Addicts; 6 Decision-Making Capacity and Responsibility in Addiction; 7 Addiction and Criminal Responsibility; 8 Grounding for Understanding Self-Injury as Addiction or (Bad) Habit; 9 Contingency Management Treatments of Drug and Alcohol Use Disorders; 10 Addiction, Paradox, and the Good I Would; 11 What Is It Like to Be an Addict?; About the Authors; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
OCLC-licensed vendor bibliographic record.
- Poland, Jeffrey Stephen.
Graham, George, 1945-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|