Research in the social scientific study of religion [electronic resource] . Volume 21 / edited by Ralph L. Piedmont and Andrew Village.
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2010.
- Research in the Social Scientific Study of Religion 21.
Research in the social scientific study of religion ; 21
1 online resource (259 p.)
- Religion and sociology.
- Electronic books.
- Research in the Social Scientific Study of Religion publishes empirical and theoretical studies of religion from a wide range of disciplines and from all parts of the globe. This volume includes a special section on spirituality and hope that brings together theoreticists and practitioners who present original research on this important and neglected topic. Alongside this section are papers presenting studies on subjects such as civic participation, suffering with God, and spirituality. Together these papers represent important contributions that advance theory and evidence in a number of different fields of contemporary relevance to the study of religion.
- Preliminary Material
All in the Mind? Psychological, Social, and Religious Predictors of Civic Volunteerism among Churchgoers in England / Andrew Village and Leslie J. Francis
Interpersonal Spirituality between College Students and Fathers / Gina M. Brelsford
Trouble with Spirituality / Paul Wink
The Suffering with God Scale: Theoretical Development, Psychometric Analyses, and Relationships with Indices of Religiosity / Marcia Webb , Christopher A. Sink , Russell A. McCann , Sarah A. Chickering and Michelle J. Scallon
Introduction to the Special Section: Hope and Spirituality: A Neglected Topic in the Social Sciences / Anthony Scioli
The Hopes of World Religions: Profiles in Attachment, Mastery, and Survival / Anthony Scioli
Hope, Spirituality, Optimism, Pessimism, and Anxiety: A Kuwaiti-American Comparison / Ahmed Abdel-Khalek and Anthony Scioli
Goal Focused Hope, Spiritual Hope, and Well-being / Jen Unwin and Joanne M. Dickson
Hoping in Nature: Pragmatic Hope and Spirituality / Patrick Shade
Hope and Its Spiritual Nature: A Powerful Vehicle for Healing / Kenneth H. Hamilton and Joyce O. Murphy
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1163/9789004216464 DOI
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|