Using MPI : portable parallel programming with the message-passing interface / William Gropp, Ewing Lusk, Anthony Skjellum.
- 2nd ed.
- Cambridge, Massachusetts : MIT Press, c1999.
- [Piscataqay, New Jersey] : IEEE Xplore, 
- Scientific and engineering computation
Scientific and engineering computation
1 PDF (xxii, 371 pages) : illustrations.
- Parallel programming (Computer science)
Parallel computers -- Programming.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web
- The Message Passing Interface (MPI) specification is widely used for solving significant scientific and engineering problems on parallel computers. There exist more than a dozen implementations on computer platforms ranging from IBM SP-2 supercomputers to clusters of PCs running Windows NT or Linux ("Beowulf" machines). The initial MPI Standard document, MPI-1, was recently updated by the MPI Forum. The new version, MPI-2, contains both significant enhancements to the existing MPI core and new features.Using MPI is a completely up-to-date version of the authors' 1994 introduction to the core functions of MPI. It adds material on the new C++ and Fortran 90 bindings for MPI throughout the book. It contains greater discussion of datatype extents, the most frequently misunderstood feature of MPI-1, as well as material on the new extensions to basic MPI functionality added by the MPI-2 Forum in the area of MPI datatypes and collective operations.Using MPI-2 covers the new extensions to basic MPI. These include parallel I/O, remote memory access operations, and dynamic process management. The volume also includes material on tuning MPI applications for high performance on modern MPI implementations.
- Made available online by Ebrary.
Bibliographic Level Mode of Issuance: Monograph
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on PDF viewed 12/23/2015.
- Lusk, Ewing.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted to subscribers or individual electronic text purchasers.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|