David Novak : natural law and revealed Torah / edited by Hava Tirosh-Samuelson and Aaron W. Hughes.
- Leiden, Netherlands : Brill, 2014.
- Library of Contemporary Jewish Philosophers 3.
Library of Contemporary Jewish Philosophers, 2213-6010 ; Volume 3
1 online resource (164 p.)
- Jewish philosophy -- 20th century.
Novak, David, 1941 -- -Philosophy.
- Electronic books.
- This volume features the thought and writings of Rabbi David Novak, the J. Richard and Dorothy Shiff Chair of Jewish Studies, Professor of the Study of Religion, and Professor of Philosophy at the University of Toronto. Novak is a leading Jewish theologian, ethicist, and scholar of Jewish philosophy and law. Natural Law and Revealed Torah presents the work of Novak, a thinker interested in the intersection of traditional Judaism and the modern world, especially how religious Jews can simultaneously exist within the liberal and democratic nation state yet remain separate from its tradition of secularism. This volume is also available in paperback .
- Preliminary Material
David Novak: An Intellectual Portrait / Aaron W. Hughes
Divine Justice/Divine Command / David Novak
Are Philosophical Proofs of the Existence of God Theologically Meaningful? / David Novak
Buber’s Critique of Heidegger / David Novak
On Human Dignity / David Novak
Interview with David Novak / Hava Tirosh-Samuelson
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references.
Description based on print version record.
- Tirosh-Samuelson, Hava, 1950-
Hughes, Aaron W., 1968-
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1163/9789004263444 DOI
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|