The economics of globalization [electronic resource] : policy perspectives from public economics / edited by Assaf Razin, Efraim Sadka.
- Cambridge, U.K. ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 1999.
1 online resource (xii, 420 p. ) ill. ;
- Finance, Public -- Congresses.
Competition, International -- Congresses.
International economic relations -- Congresses.
- Electronic books.
- The growing economic openness expressed in the globalization of independent economic systems has created problems as well as opportunities that cross formal borders in unexpected ways. Professors Assaf Razin and Efraim Sadka explore the ramifications of globalization in selected public finance issue areas. Seven main topics are covered by the sixteen papers in the volume: the international mobility of technology; capital flows and exchange rate misalignments; tax incentives and patterns of capital flows; income redistribution and social insurance in federal systems; tax harmonization and coordination; political economy aspects of international tax competition; the migration of skilled and unskilled labour; and the fiscal aspects of monetary unification.
- pt. 1. International mobility of technology
pt. 2. Capital flows and exchange-rate misalignment
pt. 3. Tax incentives and patterns of capital flows
pt. 4. Limits to income redistribution in federal systems
pt. 5. Tax harmonization, tax coordination, and the 'disappearing taxpayer'
pt. 6. Political-economy aspects of international tax competition
pt. 7. Migration of skilled and unskilled labor
pt. 8. Fiscal aspects of monetary unification.
- "Essays based on lectures delivered at the 1996 congress of the International Institute of Public Finance"--Jkt.
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Razin, Assaf.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|