Doing business in the Middle East [electronic resource] : politics and economic crisis in Jordan und Kuwait / Pete W. Moore.
- Cambridge, UK ; New York, N.Y. : Cambridge University Press, 2004.
- Cambridge Middle East studies ; 20.
Cambridge Middle East studies ; 20
1 online resource (230 p.)
- Kuwait -- Economic conditions.
Jordan -- Economic conditions.
Kuwait -- Politics and government.
Jordan -- Politics and government.
- Electronic books.
- Moore's book is the first to examine relations between state authority and elite business representation in the Middle East. By considering the Kuwait and Jordan cases, he concludes that unleashing the private sector alone is insufficient to change current political and economic arrangements when established political infrastructures remain in place.
- Cover; Half-title; Series-title; Title; Copyright; Dedication; Contents; Acknowledgements; Note on transliteration and translation; 1 Summers of discontent: business-state politics in the Middle East; 2 Organizing first: business and political authority during state formation; 3 Politics and profits; 4 Crises at century's end; 5 Is business the solution?; Appendix Comparative associational data; Select bibliography; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|