We Are the Face of Oaxaca [electronic resource] : Testimony and Social Movements
- Durham : Duke University Press, 2013.
1 online resource (368 p.)
- Social movements -- Mexico -- Oaxaca (State).
Oral communication -- Oaxaca (State) -- Mexico.
- Local subjects:
- Asamblea Popular de los Pueblos de Oaxaca. (search)
Oral communication -- Mexico -- Oaxaca (State). (search)
Social movements -- Mexico -- Oaxaca (State). (search)
- Electronic books.
- Lynn Stephen uses the Oaxaca social movement of 2006 to illustrate how oral testimony is central to rights-claiming, participatory democracy, knowledge creation, and the production of new political subjects in contemporary social movements.
- Contents; Maps, Illustrations, And Videoclips; Acronyms and Abbreviations; About The Website; Acknowledgments; Chapter 1. Testimony: Human Rights and Social Movements; Chapter 2. Histories and Movements: Antecedents to the Social Movement of 2006; Chapter 3. The Emergence of APPO and the 2006 Oaxaca Social Movement; Chapter 4. Testimony and Human Rights Violations in Oaxaca; Chapter 5. Community and Indigenous Radio in Oaxaca: Testimony and Particapatory Democracy; Chapter 6. The Women's Takeover of Media in Oaxaca: Gendererd Rights ""to Speak"" and ""to Be Heard""
Chapter 7. The Economics and Politics of Conflict: Perspectives from Oaxacan Artisans, Merchants, and Business OwnersChapter 8. Indigenous Activism: The Triqui Autonomous Municipality, APPO Juxtlahuaca, and Transborder Organizing in APPO-L.A.; Chapter 9. From Barricades to Autonomy and Art: Youth Organizing in Oaxaca; Conclusions; Notes; References; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 28. Okt 2020)
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1515/9780822377504 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|