It's been beautiful : Soul! and black power television / Gayle Wald ; with photographs by Chester Higgins.
- Durham ; London : Duke University Press, 2015.
- Console-ing passions book series. Spin offs.
1 online resource (289 p.)
- Soul music.
African Americans in television broadcasting -- United States -- History.
Soul! (Television program)
- Electronic books.
- In It's Been Beautiful, Gayle Wald examines Soul!, the first African American black variety television show on public television, which between 1968 and 1973 was instrumental in expressing the diversity of black popular culture, thought and politics, as well as helping to create the notion of black community.
- A vision of Soul! / by Chester Higgins
"It's been beautiful"
Soul! and the 1960s
The black community and the affective compact
More meaningful than a three-hour lecture?: music on Soul!
Freaks like us: black misfit performance on Soul!
The racial state and the "disappearance" of Soul!
Soul! at the center.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Higgins, Chester.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|