Narrative policy analysis [electronic resource] : theory and practice / Emery Roe.
- Durham : Duke University Press, 1994.
- e-Duke books scholarly collection.
1 online resource (218 p.)
- Policy sciences -- Case studies.
Decision making -- Methodology -- Case studies.
Discourse analysis, Narrative -- Case studies.
- Electronic books.
- Narrative Policy Analysis presents a powerful and original application of contemporary literary theory and policy analysis to many of today's most urgent public policy issues. Emery Roe demonstrates across a wide array of case studies that structuralist and poststructuralist theories of narrative are exceptionally useful in evaluating difficult policy problems, understanding their implications, and in making effective policy recommendations. Assuming no prior knowledge of literary theory, Roe introduces the theoretical concepts and terminology from literary analysis through an examination of t
- Introduction to Narrative Policy Analysis: Why It Is, What It Is, and How It Is
Deconstructing Budgets, Reconstructing Budgeting: Contemporary Literary Theory and Public Policy in Action
What Are Policy Narratives? Four Examples and Their Policymaking Implications
Stories, Nonstories, and Their Metanarrative in the 1980-1982 California Medfly Controversy
Constructing the Metanarrative in the Animal Rights and Experimentation Controversy
A Salt on the Land: Finding the Stories, Nonstories, and Metanarrative in the Controversy over Irrigation-Related Salinity and Toxicity in California's San Joaquin Valley with Ianne Hukkinen and Gene Rochlin
Warming as Analytic Tip: Other Models of Narrative Analysis I
Intertextual Evaluation, Conflicting Evaluative Criteria, and the Controversy over Native American Burial Remains: Other Models of Narrative Analysis II
Conclusion: In Shackle's Tide-Race: The Ethics of Narrative Policy Analysis
Appendix A. Methods for Narrative Policy Analysis
Appendix B. Short Chronology of Medfly Controversy
Appendix C. Prevalence of Stories in the Medfly Controversy.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -196) and index.
Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 12. Dez 2020)
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1515/9780822381891 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|